SCHEDULE A CONSULT OR SEND YOUR QUESTIONS!
Where to Start? Prenatal Visits
step 1: initial RISK ASSESSMENT
- Health history, physical exam, blood work and routine lab are done to ensure an all is well with mom-child.
Homebirth is only recommended for low-risk pregnancy.
step 2: one hour prenatal visits with Kim
- 1 visit per month until the 7th month
- 1 visit every 2 weeks until 36 weeks
- 1 visit weekly until delivery
Prenatal visits include checking gestation, blood pressure, pulse, urine, blood sugar, hemoglobin, fundal height, fetal position, nutritional status, weight, general well-being and checking fetal heart tones with a hand-held doppler. Fetascope available to assess fetal heart tones upon request.
step 3: final risk assessment
- Final risk assessment at 36 weeks making sure mom-child are ready for a safe delivery
Kim will be available for consultation 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You will also have access to a library of books, videos, and other educational materials, childbirth class information, community resources and referrals.